MANAGEMENT is a faculty, whose graduates are equipped with knowledge of the theoretical and practical aspects of the functioning of modern enterprises, economic and administrative, national and international institutions. They gain the ability to direct organizations in all their areas. This is the direction for creative and open-minded people who want to succeed in running their own company or in managerial positions in private enterprises or state administration.
Level: First degree studies
Duration: 3 years / 6 semesters
Internship: 9 weeks
Obtained education: Bachelor
Curriculum activities include:
- lectures – 1348 hours (including 240 hours with visiting professors)
- seminars – 507 hours
- laboratory classes – 40 hours
- traineeships – 480 hours
- Obligatory criteria:
- A filled in application form
- Submission of a set of documents required for recruitment.
- Good command of English (proved by the certificates confirming at least at the B2 of common reference level of English language ) and the candidates will have to take an entrance English exam (including demonstrating writing, reading, listening and speaking proficiency).
- Additional criteria:
- rural area origin
In case the number of candidates exceeds the number of places the additional criteria will be applied
Meeting the criteria mentioned above and the received number of points will decide on the candidate’s admittance.
If the number of candidates exceeds the number of places the transcript of grades on the high school certificate or the result of maturity exam in a major subject will be taken under the consideration.
In case the criteria outlined in I and II do not allow the process of recruitment to be completed the order of applying will decide.
The last step is signing the Learning Agreement which will outline the conditions of studying and fees for studies under the Management 1st cycle degree program (3- year studies).
The programme of the studies
The studies last for 6 semesters (3- year studies) and results in obtaining Bachelor’s Degree. The studies give the opportunity to learn the wide range of issues concerning contemporary management and world trends in this area. A student gets the knowledge and skills in the field of management and related subjects enabling him to work in operating, analytic and specialty positions in the basic spheres of management such as financial, human and marketing management. A student develops competencies enabling him to work in the managerial position or as an entrepreneur in the future. The learning process includes the compulsory traineeship which gives the student an opportunity to perfect his competencies outside the university and to get to know the reality of professional work.
A graduate will be prepared to perform his professional role having awareness and ability to interpret the changes of the contemporary world :
- globalization and functioning of organization internationally,
- technological progress especially digital,
- growing cultural diversity,
- changing work model towards the integrated net of teams.
A graduate having completed the whole course will be particularly prepared to work as a Business Process Analyst whose duties will include participating in project teams creating and developing IT products. A graduate will be able to analyze and coordinate business clients’ requirements and prepare project documentation. A graduate will be able to work not only in organizations specializing in software development but also in those using project approach in new products development, for example in banks.
International Summer School ( attendance is compulsory)
The international Summer School program will incorporate the following:
- Savoir-vivre – social convention, generally accepted standards, rules, social norms in Poland and in WSEI.
- Workshop on effective multicultural communication for students.
- How to legalize the stay in Poland?
- Meetings with the organizations supporting foreigners.
- Health Insurance System in Poland – how to use it.
- The rights and the duties of the employers and the employees.
- Workshop on international project team management based on international partnership, building the team, communication in team, work in the international team, cultural diversity in work of a team, integrated “team network”.
- Polish students and foreign which are holders of the Polish Card may apply for social scholarships and the scholarship of the Rector for the best students.
- The scholarship will provide for the cost of living for 35 foreign students taking part in the project during their studies in Poland (max scholarship is 1.500,00 PLN a month).
Organization of the studies within the project
- The studies cycle will run from 1.10.2017 to 30.06.2020. The academic year starts on the 1st of October and finishes on the 30th of June.
- During full-time studies the classes are held for 5 days a week from Monday to Friday.
- The timetable is available on our website, at the Dean’s Office and the Virtual Dean’s
Terms of participation in classes
- The students are obliged to attend all the classes regularly which is registered by a personal signature on the list. The students are required to be punctual and actively participate in classes.
- The students are obliged to take part in the International Summer School.
- The students have to take part in monitoring the process of implementing the project, evaluating and estimating it by filling the relevant questionnaires.
- The students must show their presence on at least 90% hours of each program.
- The students have to take part in surveying the graduates careers within 12 months after graduation.